Attention Coaches and Volunteer
Please see below for Training and Certification Requirements to be a head coach or assistant coach in CYO. There are several requirements that must be completed.
Any questions, please contact the boys or girls Athletic Director via email:
Boys: Brian Lasky – firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls: Ed Murphy – email@example.com
To check your requirement status: Contact Heather Wright, Human Resources~Safe Environment — ccpco.Heather@yahoo.com
215-855-1311 x 113
CYO Coaching Requirements and Forms
In the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People, the United States Bishops called for the establishment of a Safe Environment Program in every diocese. The Safe Environment Program of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia exceeds Pennsylvania law by requiring all volunteers who have regular contact with children in any capacity, to have current criminal background checks.
Safe Environment Requirements
Instructions for Obtaining Required Background
1. PA State Police Criminal Record Check
Can be obtained online at epatch.state.pa.us. Receive results online within a few minutes.
After July 25, 2015 the cost is waived.
2. PA Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance
Can be obtained online at compass.state.pa.us/CWIS. Results will be emailed to you within
14 days. After July 25, 2015 the cost is waived.
3. Federal Criminal Background Check (FBI Fingerprint Clearance)
Must be completed ONLY if you have lived in PA for less than 10 years. Go to
pa.cogentid.com to schedule an appointment. Cost is approximately $25.75.
If you have lived in Pa continuously for 10 years, you will need to complete the Disclosure Statement Application for volunteers to be filed at the place of service.
All required clearances, including FBI, must be renewed every 3 years (36 months).
Philadelphia Archdiocesan Training Requirements:
1. Attendance at “Protecting God’s Children, Awareness Session for Adults”
Go to Virtus.org to register for a session. Once you attend please drop off a copy of
“Ministerial Behavior and Boundaries” to the Parish Center Office.
2. Mandated Reporter Training
Go to childyouthprotection.org. You must register first before you do the online training.
Drop off signed Mandated Reporter Acknowledgement Form to the Parish Center Office.
3. Attend the Archdiocesan CYO Coaches Orientation. It is a 4 hour course, and is a one-time requirement. Contact your boys or girls athletic director (email below) for dates and times. You must attend this orientation seminar in person during the first year prior to the start of the sport. If you are a FIRST YEAR COACH and cannot personally attend the orientation prior to the beginning of the sport you will be coaching, you must complete the Online Catholic Coaching Essentials before coaching at all AND also attend the next available Coaches Orientation within the next 3 months. The on-line course can be found here.
All copies of Clearances, Ministerial Behavior & Boundaries and Proof of
Mandated Reporter Training must be received by the Corpus Christi
Catholic School Office/Parish Center Office before you will be cleared to volunteer.
If you are unsure if your Criminal Record Check or Child Abuse Clearance needs to be renewed, or unsure if you have completed the requirements above, you may check with Connie in the Parish Office at 215 855-1311. If you have any further questions about these requirements, please contact the Girls Athletic Director, Ed Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Boys Athletic Director, Paul Moretski at email@example.com
CYO Coaching Forms