Welcome to the 2018 Corpus Christi Track & Field Team
Any Parish child, 3rd grade (if birth year 2008) through 8th grade;A 3rd grader can choose to join our sub-Novice (K–3) track & field team instead.
Enrollment in Parochial School or Parish REC program is required.
2018 Age Groupings:
Novice (YOB 2008 and 2007)
Minor (YOB 2006 and 2005)
Cadet (YOB 2004 and 2003)
4×100 Penn Relays Team Age Groupings:
Junior (YOB 2008, 2007, 2006)
Senior (YOB 2005, 2004, 2003)
When finalized, track meets, locations, and times can be found here…
Please pencil in these subject to change 2018 dates.
Sunday meets start at 1PM.
- March 11, Sunday: Daylight Savings Time begins.
- March 13, Tuesday, 5:30 PM: First practice and every Tues/Thurs thru May; Jacks Lane track, until 6:30and then later as it warms up
- March 25, Sunday, Practice Meet, tentative
- March 30, 31, April 1, Easter Triduum; no practice and no meets,
- April 8, Sunday, Practice Meet, tentative
- April 11, Wednesday, Practice Meet, tentative
- April 15, Sunday, Practice Meet, tentative
- April 18, Wednesday, Practice Meet, tentative
- April 22, Sunday, Practice Meet, tentative
- April 24, Tuesday , CYO NIGHT AT THE PENN RELAYS CARNIVAL
(Selected 4×100 teams of 16 runners and alternates + fans + 8th grade support team)
- April 27, Friday morning, if we qualify, FINALS AT THE 124th RUNNING OF THE PENN RELAYS CARNIVAL
- April 28, Saturday, Karen Assal Meet, The All Day Meet with All Events
- May 6, Sunday, REGION 20 @ CB East High School, 1PM
- May 12 & 13, Mother’s Day weekend
- May 20, Sunday, AREA C @ Bensalem High School, 1PM
- June 2, Saturday, 9AM, ARCHDIOCESAN CHAMPIONSHIP MEET
We need parents assistance for the success of this great program. Please help in any way you can.
- Put your name on everything you bring to practices and meets.
- Remember to dress warmly for practice, with a hat, gloves and many layers (base layer, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, sweatpants).
- Eat a good breakfast the morning of every race (good choices are eggs, bagels, oatmeal, multi-grain cereal–don’t forget orange juice, water and minimum amount of milk. Milk tends to not settle well in the stomach).
- Bring water and food to meets.
- Wear no jewelry when you run.
- Saturday afternoon Track Meets can last until 4 PM, perhaps longer.
NOTE: On occasion, track meets are not postponed until starting time. This means you may not find out about postponements until you arrive at the meet.
Strive for the Corpus Christi Track & Field Team Awards:
- Cougar Courageous Award
- Quintus Commitment Award (5 year)
- Septus Commitment Award (6 year)