Welcome to the 2019 Corpus Christi Track & Field Team
Any Parish child, 3rd grade (if birth year 2009) through 8th grade;A 3rd grader can choose to join our sub-Novice (K–3) track & field team instead.
Enrollment in Parochial School or Parish REC program is required.
2019 Age Groupings:
Novice (YOB 2009 and 2008)
Minor (YOB 2007 and 2006)
Cadet (YOB 2005 and 2004)
4×100 Penn Relays Team Age Groupings:
Junior (YOB 2009, 2008, 2007)
Senior (YOB 2006, 2005, 2004)
When finalized, track meets, locations, and times can be found here…
Please pencil in these subject to change 2019 dates.
Sunday meets start at 1PM.
- March 10, Sunday: Daylight Savings Time begins.
- March 12, Tuesday, 5:30 PM: First practice and every Tues/Thurs thru May; Jacks Lane track, until 6:30 and then later as it warms up
- April 7, Sunday, Practice Meet, tentative
- April 10, Wednesday, Practice Meet, tentative
- April 14, Sunday, Practice Meet, tentative
- April 17, Wednesday, Practice Meet, tentative
- April 18, 19, 20 and 21 Easter Triduum; no practice and no meets,
- April 23, Tuesday , CYO NIGHT AT THE PENN RELAYS CARNIVAL
(Selected 4×100 teams of 16 runners and alternates + fans + 8th grade support team)
- April 26, Friday morning, if we qualify, FINALS AT THE 125th RUNNING OF THE PENN RELAYS CARNIVAL
- April 27, Saturday, Karen Assal Meet, The All Day Meet with All Events
- May 5, Sunday, REGION 20 @ CB East High School, 1PM
- May 11 & 12 Mother’s Day weekend
- May 19, Sunday, AREA C @ Bensalem High School, 1PM
- June 1, Saturday, 9AM, ARCHDIOCESAN CHAMPIONSHIP MEET
We need parents assistance for the success of this great program. Please help in any way you can.
- Put your name on everything you bring to practices and meets.
- Remember to dress warmly for practice, with a hat, gloves and many layers (base layer, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, sweatpants).
- Eat a good breakfast the morning of every race (good choices are eggs, bagels, oatmeal, multi-grain cereal–don’t forget orange juice, water and minimum amount of milk. Milk tends to not settle well in the stomach).
- Bring water and food to meets.
- Wear no jewelry when you run.
- Saunday afternoon Track Meets can last until 4 PM, perhaps longer.
NOTE: On occasion, track meets are not postponed until starting time. This means you may not find out about postponements until you arrive at the meet.
Strive for the Corpus Christi Track & Field Team Awards:
- Cougar Courageous Award
- Quintus Commitment Award (5 year)
- Septus Commitment Award (6 year)