Welcome to the Corpus Christi Track & Field Team
Any Parish child, 3rd grade (if birth year 2006) through 8th grade;
Enrollment in Parochial School or Parish REC program is required.
2016 Age Groupings:
Novice (YOB 2006 and 2005)
Minor (YOB 2004 and 2003)
Cadet (YOB 2002 and 2001)
Penn Relays Age Groupings:
Junior (YOB 2006, 2005, 2004)
Senior (YOB 2003, 2002, 2001)
When finalized, track meets, locations, and times can be found here:
Parents – Please pencil in these 2016 dates (remember Sunday meets – 1pm start):
- March 13, Sunday: Daylight Savings Time begins.
- March 15, Tuesday, 5:30 PM: First practice and every Tues/Thurs thru May; Jacks Lane track, until 6:30 and then later as it warms up
- March 24/25/26/27, Easter
- April 2 or 3, Practice Meet 1
- April 9 or 10, Practice Meet 2
- April 13, Wednesday, Practice meet 3
- April 16 or 17, Practice Meet 4
- April 20, Wednesday, Practice meet 5
- April 23 or 24, Practice Meet 6
- April 26, Tuesday , CYO NIGHT AT THE PENN RELAYS (Selected 4 teams, 20 kids + fans)
- April 29, Friday, FINALS AT THE CARNIVAL, if we qualify
- April 30 or 31, Practice meet 7
- May 7, Saturday, Karen Assal Meet, The All Day Meet with All Events
- May 15, Sunday, REGION 20 @ CB East High School (YES, brand new facility!!), 1PM
- May 22, Sunday, AREA C @ Bensalem High School, 1PM (yes, R20 and Area C are back to back weekends)
- June 4, Saturday, 9AM, ARCHDIOCESAN CHAMPIONSHIP MEET
We need parents assistance for the success of this great program. Please help in any way you can.
- Put your name on everything you bring to practices and meets.
- Remember to dress warmly for practice, with a hat, gloves and many layers (base layer, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, sweatpants).
- Eat a good breakfast the morning of every race (good choices are eggs, bagels, oatmeal, multi-grain cereal–don’t forget orange juice, water and minimum amount of milk. Milk tends to not settle well in the stomach).
- Bring water and food to meets.
- Wear no jewelry when you run.
- Saturday afternoon Track Meets can last until 4 PM, perhaps longer.
NOTE: On occasion, track meets are not postponed until starting time. This means you may not find out about postponements until you arrive at the meet.
Strive for the Corpus Christi Team Track Award: Cougar Courageous Award and Cougar Quintus Commitment Award!
Ambler Olympic Club – Link to Ambler Track and Field Club
University of Penn Track and Field – Link to Link to Penn Relays