The Corpus Christi Swim Team is a great way for children to learn all four swim strokes and become strong swimmers while participating in a team environment where they can socialize and make new friends. Our program is a combination of instructional and competitive. There are 2 practices per week with 8 meets spread over 5 months, which allows ample open days to participate in other sports or activities.
- Registration begins on July 1st at https://corpus-christi-cyo.siplay.com/site/
- Our team participates in the Catholic Youth Swim League (CYSL) which includes 16 parishes in Bucks, Montgomery and NE Philly. The CYSL has over 1,100 swimmers and has existed for over 40 years.
- The season runs from the beginning of October through February.
- Children are eligible to participate in grades K through 8th from Corpus Christi, St. Rose, St. Stans and St. Maria Goretti parishes.
- Practices are held at the Lansdale YMCA on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Deming Pool.
- The CYO Registration fee is $100 per swimmer plus a $50 YMCA membership fee, if not a member.
- There are 7 dual meets at various locations in NE Philly, Bucks and Montgomery and a Championship meet at LaSalle University. All meets are held on Saturday or Sunday.
- All levels of swimmers are welcome; however, all children must be able to swim.
- All 4 strokes (Freestyle, Breast, Butterfly and Back) are taught.
- Parents are required to volunteer in some capacity at 3 of the swim meets.
- Events: Freestyle, Back, Breast, Butterfly, Individual Medley, Medley Relay, Freestyle Relay
- Age Groups: 8 & Under, 10 & Under, 12 & Under, 15 & Under
The Swim Team requires many parent volunteers to run a successful program, so please consider becoming involved. In addition to assistant coaches, there are many manager positions required.
If you have additional questions or would like to help as a volunteer, please contact the below.
Jason Martin, Head Coach firstname.lastname@example.org
Ed Murphy, Swim Coordinator email@example.com